The Journal of Digital Landscape Architecture addresses all aspects of digital technologies, applications, information, and knowledge bases in research, education, and practice pertaining to landscape architecture and related fields. The journal publishes original papers that address theoretical and practical issues, innovative developments, methods, applications, findings, and case studies that are drawn primarily from work presented at the annual international Digital Landscape Architecture conference. Its intent is to encourage the broad dissemination of these ideas, innovations, and practices.
This issue of the Journal of Digital Landscape Architecture, 3-2018, presents contributions from the 19th annual conference at the Hochschule Weihenstephan-Triesdorf / University of Applied Sciences in Munich-Freising, Germany, (May 30 to June 02, 2018) covering thirteen broad topics:
• Geodesign for Climate Change
• Mobile Devices for Geodesign
• Algorithmic Landscapes
• Augmented and Virtual Reality and Immersive Displays in Landscape Architecture
• Big Data and Landscape Architecture
• Building Information Modeling (BIM) for Landscape Architecture
• Drone & UAV Based Sensors and Near-range Photogrammetry in Landscape Architecture
• Sharing Designs through Cloud Computing
• The Internet-of-Things in the Landscape
• Point Cloud Applications in Landscape Architecture
• Digital 3D Scanning and Fabrication in Landscape Architecture
• Social Media in Landscape Architecture
• Teaching Digital Landscape Architecture
Prof. Erich Buhmann holds a bachelor degree in Landscape Architecture from Munich-Weihenstephan and a MLA as Fulbright Scholar from SUNY Syracuse in the USA. He was appointed Professor at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in 1995 and served as founding director of the English language Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) program from 1998- 2008. As a registered landscape architect, he is a partner in the landscape architecture firm ATELIER BERNBURG Landschaftsarchitekten GmbH. From 1995 to 2005 he co-authored the annual GIS Report for the German speaking part of Europe. He is the founding chair of the annual international Conference on Digital Landscape Architecture which started in 1999. Erich Buhmann is a member of the ECLAS Steering Committee, and Chair of the ECLAS Committee Digital Technology, Co-Chair of the ECLAS- IFLA Committee Accreditation System, and Manager for the BDLA in the State of Saxony-Anhalt in Germany.