IEC 60364-4-42:2010+AMD1:2014 CSV (Consolidated Version)
Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 4-42: Protection forsafety - Protection against thermal effects
Sprache: EN-FR - zweisprachig englisch/französisch
Seitenzahl: 64 VDE-Artnr.: 221269
IEC 60364-4-42:2010+A1:2014 applies to electrical installations with regard to measures for the protection of persons, livestock and property against:
- thermal effects, combustion or degradation of materials, and riskof burns caused by electrical equipment,
- flames in case of a fire hazard being propagated from electricalinstallations to other fire compartments segregated by barriers which are in the vicinity, and
- the impairment of the safe functioning of electrical equipment including safety services.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 2001, and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- The scope now includes protection against all thermal effects and flames in case of a fire hazard being propagated from electrical installations to other fire compartments segregated by barriers which are in the vicinity.
- Requirements associated with escape routes for evacuation in anemergency have been expanded/modified.
- Requirements associated with the nature of processed or stored materials have been expanded/modified.
- Requirements associated with combustible constructional materials have been expanded/modified.
- Requirements associated with fire propagating structures have beenmodified slightly.
- New requirements for the selection and erection of installations in locations which might endanger precious goods have been added.
- Protection against overheating now includes space heating appliances. This consolidated version consists of the third edition (2010) and its amendment 1 (2014). Therefore, no need to order amendment inaddition to this publication.