IEC 61010-2-033:2019 RLV
Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use - Part 2-033: Particular requirements for hand-held multimeters and other meters for domestic and professional use, capable of measuring mains voltage
Sprache: EN - englisch
Seitenzahl: 135 VDE-Artnr.: 247750
IEC 61010-2-033:2019 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC 61010-2-033:2019 specifies safety requirements for hand-held multimeters for domestic and professional use, capable of measuring mains. Hand-held multimeters are multi-range multifunction measuring instruments intended to measure voltage and other electrical quantities such as resistance or current. Their primary purpose is to measure voltage on a live mains. They are suitable to be supported by one hand during normal use. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- The scope has been reduced to hand-held multimeters. Voltmeters and clamp multimeters have been removed. They are addressed respectively by IEC 61010-2-030 and IEC 61010-2-032. The relevant definitions have been removed.
- Subclause 126.96.36.199 has been relocated into Clause 102.
- Clearances and creepage distances for wet locations and for measuring circuit terminals exceeding 1 000 V a.c. or 1 414 V d.c. have been specified.
- Subclause 14.101 related to 'Circuits or components used as transient overvoltage limiting devices in measuring circuits used to measure mains' has been removed.
- References to IEC 61010-031 for probe assemblies and IEC 61010-2-032 for current sensors have been added.
- Requirements for protection against mains overvoltage measuring circuits have been added.
- Clause 102 has been rewritten.
- Requirements for measuring circuits from 1 000 V to 3 000 V have been added.
- An informative Annex CC about dimensions of 4-mm banana terminals has been added.
- A flowchart for insulation according to the type of circuit has been added in a new Annex DD.