High-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 200: AC metal-enclosed switchgear and controlgear for rated voltages above 1 kV and up to and including 52 kV
Circulation Date: 2011-10
Language: EN-FR - bilingual english/french
Seitenzahl: 178 VDE Artno.: 218342
IEC 62271-200:2011 specifies requirements for prefabricated metal enclosed switchgear and controlgear for alternating current of rated voltages above 1 kV and up to and including 52 kV for indoor and outdoor installation, and for service frequencies up to and including 60 Hz. Enclosures may include fixed and removable components and may be filled with fluid (liquid or gas) to provide insulation. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 2003. It is a technical revision. This second edition of IEC 62271-200 has been further updated and improved to the experience gained with the first edition of IEC 62271-200. As maintenance result, this second edition of IEC 62271-200 introduces the following significant changes:
- definitions, classifications and testing procedures are specified more precisely;
- categories LSC2A and LSC2B have been clarified and LSC2 has been assigned a separate definition;
- specific ratings related to fault level to earth (4.5 to 4.7) are introduced;
- solid insulated high-voltage parts are no longer considered as compartments on their own;
- an optional rating 'cable test voltage' and the associated requirements and type tests are introduced;
- for testing the internal arc classification, when assigned by the manufacturer, more specific guidance is provided regarding the test arrangement, room simulation and arc initiation;
- a single phase to earth ignition is also recognised for internal arc testing;
- the Annexes A and B are renumbered Annexes AA and BB.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 62271-1:2007. The contents of the corrigendum of June 2015 have been included in this copy.