Insulators for overhead lines - Composite line post insulators for A.C. systems with a nominal voltage greater than 1 000 V - Definitions, test methods and acceptance criteria
Language: EN-FR - bilingual english/french
Seitenzahl: 54 VDE Artno.: 214598
IEC 61952:2008 applies to composite line post insulators consisting of a load-bearing, cylindrical, insulating solid core made up of fibres - usually glass - in a resin-based matrix, a housing (outside the insulating core) made of elastomer material (e.g. silicone or ethylene-propylene) and end fittings permanently attached to the insulating core. The object of this standard is to
- define the terms used,
- prescribe test methods,
- prescribe acceptance or failure criteria.
This standard does not include requirements dealing with the choice of insulators for specific operating conditions. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- removal of tests procedures now given in IEC 62217;
- inclusion of clauses on tolerances, environmental conditions, transport, storage and installation;
- changes in the parameters determining the need to repeat design and type tests; and
- modification of the specification of load application in bending tests to simplify testing.