Short-circuit currents in three-phase AC systems - Part 3: Currents during two separate simultaneous line-to-earth short circuits and partial short-circuit currents flowing through earth
Circulation Date: 2009-03
Language: EN-FR - bilingual english/french
Seitenzahl: 117 VDE Artno.: 216337
IEC 60909-3:2009 is also available as IEC Standards+ 60909-3:2009 which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 60909-3:2009 specifies procedures for calculation of the prospective short-circuit currents with an unbalanced short circuit in high-voltage three-phase a.c. systems operating at nominal frequency 50 Hz or 60 Hz, i. e.:
- currents during two separate simultaneous line-to-earth short circuits in isolated neutral or resonant earthed neutral systems;
- partial short-circuit currents flowing through earth in case of single line-to-earth short circuit in solidly earthed or low-impedance earthed neutral systems.
The currents calculated by these procedures are used when determining induced voltages or touch or step voltages and rise of earth potential at a station (power station or substation) and the towers of overhead lines. Procedures are given for the calculation of reduction factors of overhead lines with one or two earth wires. This edition constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are:
- New procedures are introduced for the calculation of reduction factors of the sheaths or shields and in addition the current distribution through earth and the sheaths or shields of three-core cables or of three single-core cables with metallic non-magnetic sheaths or shields earthed at both ends;
- The information for the calculation of the reduction factor of overhead lines with earth wires are corrected and given in the new Clause 7;
- A new Clause 8 is introduced for the calculation of current distribution and reduction factor of three-core cables with metallic sheath or shield earthed at both ends;
- The new Annexes C and D provide examples for the calculation of reduction factors and current distribution in case of cables with metallic sheath and shield earthed at both ends.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60909-0:2001.