IEC TR 60664-2-1:2011
Insulation coordination for equipment within low-voltage systems - Part 2-1; Application guide - Explanation of the application of the IEC 60664 series; dimensioning examples and dielectric testing
Circulation Date: 2011-01
Language: EN-FR - bilingual english/french
Seitenzahl: 132 VDE Artno.: 217772
IEC/TR 60664-2-1;2011; which is a technical report; serves as an application guide for technical committees and manufacturers specifying dimensioning requirements for products in accordance with the IEC 60664 series. The significant items for consideration are as follows;
a) nominal system voltage(s) or rated insulation voltage(s);
b) overvoltage category of the products (OV cat.);
c) any type of overvoltages;
d) frequency of the voltage;
e) characteristics of the solid insulating material;
f) pollution degree and humidity levels.
The main changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below;
- the previous edition was only an application guide for IEC 60664-1. This second edition takes into account not only IEC 60664-1 but also the other parts IEC 60664-3; IEC 60664-4; and IEC 60664-5 and their interrelation;
- principles of the IEC 60664 series for insulation dimensioning of LV equipment are explained and examples of practical application are provided together with some background information;
- Annex A provides an overview of clauses of IEC 60664-1 requiring decisions by technical committees; or specification of options; or requiring activities of the manufacturer;
- Annex B provides an overview of such clauses of IEC 60664-4;
- Annex C provides an overview of such clauses of IEC 60664-5;
- Annex D amends the tables of Annex F of IEC 60664-1;2007 with rated impulse voltages for voltages line to neutral derived from nominal d.c. voltages up to and including 1 500 V.
Has the status of a basic safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104.