IEC 60079-2:2014 RLV
Explosive atmospheres - Part 2: Equipment protection by pressurized enclosure 'p'
Circulation Date: 2014-07
Language: EN - english
Seitenzahl: 214 VDE Artno.: 223331
IEC 60079-2:2014 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC 60079-2:2014 contains the specific requirements for the construction and testing of electrical equipment with pressurized enclosures, of type of protection 'p', intended for use in explosive gas atmospheres or explosive dust atmospheres. It also includes the requirements for pressurized enclosures containing a limited release of a flammable substance. This standard supplements and modifies the general requirements of IEC 60079-0. Where a requirement of this standard conflicts with a requirement of IEC 60079-0, the requirements of this standard take precedence. This standard does not include the requirements for:
- pressurized enclosures where the containment system may release air with an oxygen content greater than normal, or oxygen in combination with inert gas where the oxygen is in a proportion greater than 21 %;
- pressurized rooms or analyser houses; see IEC 60079-13;
- pressurized enclosures used where 'explosives' or pyrotechnics are present;
- pressurized enclosures used where hybrid mixtures of gas/vapour and combustible dust are present;
- pressurized enclosures used where pyrophoric substances such as explosives or propellants containing their own oxidizers are present;
- pressurized enclosures with an internal source of release of combustible dust.
This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2007. This sixth edition cancels and replaces the first edition of IEC 61241-4 published in 2001. This sixth edition constitutes a technical revision. The significance of changes between IEC 60079-2, Edition 6.0, 2014 and IEC 60079-2, Edition 5.0, 2007 are as listed in the foreword of the document.
Keywords: electrical equipment with pressurized enclosures, type of protection 'p', explosive gas atmospheres, explosive dust atmospheres
The contents of the corrigendum of July 2015 have been included in this copy.