Flexible insulating sleeving - Part 3: Specifications for individual types of sleeving - Sheet 247: Heat-shrinkable, polyolefin sleeving, dual wall, not flame retarded, thick and medium wall
Circulation Date: 2019-08
Language: EN-FR - bilingual english/french
Seitenzahl: 28 VDE Artno.: 247895
IEC 60684-3-247:2019 is available as IEC 60684-3-247:2019 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 60684-3-247:2019 gives the requirements for two types of heat-shrinkable, polyolefin sleeving, dual wall, not flame retarded with a nominal shrink ratio of 3:1. This sleeving has been found suitable for use at temperatures of up to 100 °C.
- Type A: Medium wall, internal diameter up to 200,0 mm typically.
- Type B: Thick wall, internal diameter up to 200,0 mm typically.
These sleevings are normally supplied in colour black. Since these types of sleving cover a significantly large range of sizes and wall thicknesses, Annex A (Tables A.1 and A.2) provides a guide to the range of sizes available. The actual size will be agreed between the user and supplier. Materials which conform to this specification meet established levels of performance. However, the selection of a material by a user for a specific application will be based on the actual requirements necessary for adequate performance in that application and not based on this specification alone. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2011 and Amendment 1:2016. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous editions:
- removal of the colour fastness to light test, as this is covered by the test for carbon black content;
- change of low temperature flexibility test to -20 °C to align with sheet 214;
- change of final conditioning temperature of peel strength samples to 200 ºC to align with the temperature in Clause 5;
- removal of the fungus resistance test as there is no evidence that fungus growth is an issue either by testing or in use.
Keywords: Heat-shrinkable, polyolefin sleeving, dual wall, not flame retarded, thick and medium wall