IEC 60947-8:2021 specifies requirements for control units, which control a switching device in response to the PTC thermistors incorporated in rotating electrical machines and the industrial application.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2003, Amendment 1:2006 and Amendment 2:2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- safety aspects related to:
- general aspects;
- limited energy circuits;
- electronic circuits;
- alignment to IEC 60947-1:2020;
- wire break detection function;
- the term detector is replaced by thermistor;
- reference to IEC 60738-1-4.