This European Standard is applicable to industrial trucks, regardless of the power source (called only trucks) as defined in ISO/DIS 5053 1, and their electrical/electronic systems when used in residential, commercial, light industry and industrial environments (specified in EN 61000-6-3:2007 and EN 61000-6-2:2005).
This European Standard specifies:
- the requirements and the limit values for electromagnetic emission and immunity to external electromagnetic fields;
- the procedure and criteria for testing trucks and their electrical/electronic systems.
This European Standard is not applicable to:
- non-stacking low-lift straddle carriers;
- stacking high-lift straddle carriers;
- any pedestrian propelled trucks, excepted those which are equipped with load handling devices which have electrical powered lifting devices;
- trucks intended for use in the public domain1) with maximum speed exceeding 30 km/h;
- positioning system of driverless industrial trucks;
- interaction between systems on the trucks;
- interference to on-board radio equipment;
- equipment connected to AC-mains which is only used when the truck is not being operated (e.g. on board charger).
For trucks used in the public domain, other specific European Directives and national requirements are to be applied.
This Document is related to the following Topics (in bold):
Click on the appropriate Subject Area Link to display all valid Documents or use the Standards Search.