The second amendment to edition 5 of IEC 60947-1 consists of some amendments concerning different parts of the standard.
Major amendments are
- the introduction of the procedure to determine reliability data for electromechanical devices used in functional safety applications;
- the environmental conscious design;
- the harmonisation of insulation coordination;
- the power management with switchgear and controlgear for electrical energy efficiency;
- the procedure to establish material declaration.
DIN EN 60947-1 VDE 0660-100:2011-10