The Journal of Digital Landscape Architecture addresses all aspects of digital technologies, applications, information, and knowledge pertaining to landscape architecture research, education, practice, and related fields. The journal publishes original papers in English that address theoretical and practical issues, innovative developments, methods, applications, findings, and case studies that are drawn primarily from work presented at the annual international Digital Landscape Architecture conference. Its intent is to encourage the broad dissemination of these ideas, innovations, and practices.
This issue of the Journal of Digital Landscape Architecture, 6-2021, presents contributions from the 22th annual conference at the Anhalt University, Dessau, Köthen and Bernburg, Germany, (May 26 to May 28, 2021), covering nine broad topics:
• Defining Digital Landscape Architecture
• Resilient Landscape, Global Change and Hazard Response
• Visualization, Animation and Mixed Reality Landscapes (VR, AR)
• UAV Imagery and Remote Sensing in Landscape Architecture
• Geodesign Approaches, Technologies, and Case Studies
• Landscape and Building Information Modeling (LIM + BIM)
• Digital Landscape Architecture in Practice
• Algorithmic Design and Analysis Landscapes
• Teaching Digital Landscape Architecture
Prof. Erich Buhmann holds a bachelor degree in Landscape Architecture from Munich-Weihenstephan and a MLA as Fulbright Scholar from SUNY Syracuse in the USA. He was appointed Professor at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in 1995 and served as founding director of the English language Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) program from 1998- 2008. As a registered landscape architect, he is a partner in the landscape architecture firm ATELIER BERNBURG Landschaftsarchitekten GmbH. From 1995 to 2005 he co-authored the annual GIS Report for the German speaking part of Europe. He is the founding chair of the annual international Conference on Digital Landscape Architecture which started in 1999. Erich Buhmann is a member of the ECLAS Steering Committee, and Chair of the ECLAS Committee Digital Technology, Co-Chair of the ECLAS- IFLA Committee Accreditation System, and Manager for the BDLA in the State of Saxony-Anhalt in Germany.