Nuclear power plants - Instrumentation, control and electrical power systems important to safety - Separation
Sprache: EN-FR - zweisprachig englisch/französisch
Seitenzahl: 96 VDE-Artnr.: 225540
IEC 60709:2018 is applicable to nuclear power plant instrumentation and control (I&C) and electrical systems and equipment, whose functions are required to be independent due to their contribution to:
- a redundant or diverse safety group;
- different defence in depth levels;
- different safety classes and also with non-classified (NC) systems.
This new edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- include requirements referring to the separation principle in electrical systems important to safety;
- define separation criteria for I&C and electrical systems in a generic way;
- align with the new revisions of IAEA documents and broaden the scope to include other aspects of separation.