IEC 60364-5-56:2018 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
1) Modifications to normative references and terms and definitions.
2) Under electrical circuits for safety services, addition of requirements concerning circuit and overcurrent protection in order to maintain reliability of safety service power supplies under fire conditions.
3) Under electrical circuits for safety services, addition of requirements stating that circuits for safety services are not to be protected by RCDs or AFDDs.
4) Under emergency lighting applications, addition of requirements to prevent emergency lighting systems being adversely affected by any control system.
5) Addition of requirements for all emergency luminaires in the area to provide full design light output in the event of any final circuit failure.
6) Addition of a new Annex D (informative): Fire switch.
7) Addition of a new Annex E (informative): Example of installation methods of safety services with cable management system.
8) Addition of a new Annex F (informative): Wiring systems.
9) Addition of a new Annex G (informative): Guidance on suitable locations for electrical sources for safety services.