Dielectric and resistive properties of solid insulating materials - Part 3-4: Determination of resistive properties (DC methods) - Volume resistance and volume resistivity at elevated temperatures
Sprache: EN-FR - zweisprachig englisch/französisch
Seitenzahl: 28 VDE-Artnr.: 247278
IEC 62631-3-4:2019 covers procedures for the determination of insulation resistance and volume resistivity of insulating materials by applying DC-voltage and temperatures up to 800 °C. The typical application materials include high temperature mica plate and alumina ceramics.
This edition of IEC 62631-3-4 cancels and replaces IEC 60345 Method of test for electrical resistance and resistivity of insulating materials at elevated temperatures, published in 1971. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 60345:
- The revised standard becomes part of the series IEC 62631-3-x. Title of the standard is changed and adapted to the series as Part 3-4.
- Clauses 2 'Normative references', 3 'Terms and definitions', and 4 'Significance' are added.
- Subclauses 5.2 'Power supply, Voltage', 22.214.171.124 'Number of test specimens' and 126.96.36.199 'Conditioning and pre-treatment of test specimens' are added.
- In 5.3.5 'Special precautions during measurements', errors analysis in the measurement of current are modified, and aligned with IEC 62631-3-1.
- In 6.2 'Increasing the temperature by steps (method B)', the method for more than one specimen is removed.
- The standard atmospheric conditions for testing and conditioning, especially the temperature, are replaced according to IEC 60212.
- The circuit diagram of test apparatus is modified, and the structure diagram and pictures of test apparatus are added in Annex A.
- The orders of part clauses are adjusted.