Information technology - Extensible biometric data interchange formats - Part 6: Iris image data
Sprache: EN - englisch
Seitenzahl: 37 VDE-Artnr.: 249755
This document specifies:
- generic extensible data interchange formats for the representation of iris image data: a tagged binary data format based on an extensible specification in ASN.1 and a textual data format based on an XML schema definition that are both capable of holding the same information,
- examples of data record contents,
- application specific requirements, recommendations, and best practices in data acquisition, and
- conformance test assertions and conformance test procedures applicable to this document.
The iris image information is stored as:
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444-1, or
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444-1 that can be cropped around the iris, with the iris at the centre, and which can incorporate region-of-interest masking of non-iris regions.
This document also specifies elements of conformance testing methodology, test assertions, and test procedures, as applicable to this document.
- test assertions pertaining to the structure of the iris image data format, as specified in Clauses 6, 7, 8 and 9 of this document,
- test assertions pertaining to internal consistency by checking the types of values that may be contained within each field, and
- semantic test assertions.
The conformance testing methodology specified in this document does not establish:
- tests of other characteristics of biometric products or other types of testing of biometric products (e.g. acceptance, performance, robustness, security), or
- tests of conformance of systems that do not produce data records conforming to the requirements of this document.
This document does not establish:
- requirements on the optical specifications of cameras, or
- requirements on photometric properties of iris images, or
- requirements on enrolment processes, workflow and use of iris equipment.