IEC TS 61340-5-4:2021(E) describes compliance verification testing for technical items that are included in ESD control programs, such as those specified in IEC 61340-5-1.
Test methods are based on those specified in IEC 61340-5-1 and other parts of the IEC 61340 series, and are simplified where necessary for the purposes of compliance verification, to be performed by competent personnel.
Users can, by reference to this document in their compliance verification plan, adopt the necessary test methods described herein without change or addition. Alternatively, test methods described in this document can be adapted to match the requirements of their own ESD control program, provided deviations in equipment or procedure are documented in their compliance verification plan.
Compliance verification test frequency is not specified in this document. Guidance on how users can consider compliance verification test frequency is given in informative Annex A.
Product qualification is excluded from the scope of this document.
This first edition cancels and replaces IEC TR 61340-5-4 published in 2019. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC TR 613405-4:
- test methods in the main body of the document have been made normative, and consequently normative references have been added;
- the term 'ESD ground' has been added and defined;
- description of equipment for measuring low resistance has been added;
- user specified electrodes, including surface resistance bar electrodes, are permitted to be used for resistance measurements;
- an informative annex on verification of compliance verification test equipment has been added;
- compliance verification of person-footwear-flooring systems by measuring body voltage has been moved to an informative annex.