Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-99: Particular requirements for commercial electric hoods
Sprache: EN-FR - zweisprachig englisch/französisch
Seitenzahl: 45 VDE-Artnr.: 250486
IEC 60335-2-99:2021 is available as IEC 60335-2-99:2021 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.IEC 60335-2-99:2021 deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial hoods intended for installation above commercial cooking appliances such as ranges, griddles, griddle grills and deep fat fryers, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single phase hoods connected between one phase and neutral, and 480 V for other hoods. Only single complete units and hoods supplied as separate parts which when assembled form a complete working hood, incorporating a fan, are within the scope of the standard.
The hood may be used above one or more appliance or types of appliances.
The following extraction systems are within the scope of this standard:
- back-draft ventilation systems;
- down-draft ventilation systems;
- fume extraction modules.
These appliances are not intended for household and similar purposes. They are used in areas not open to the public, for example in kitchens of restaurants, canteens, hospitals and in commercial enterprises such as bakeries and butcheries.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements including ventilation requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to:
- domestic range hoods (IEC 60335-2-31);
- purpose-built hoods, although this standard can be used as a guide (a purpose-built hood is either constructed on-site or specially constructed in the factory and is not mass produced);
- appliances not incorporating a fan;
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- battery-operated appliances.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2003 and Amendment 1:2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the text has been aligned with IEC 60335-1:2020;
b) some notes have been converted to normative text (Clause 1, 11.7, 22.102, 22.104, 27.2, 30.101);
c) exclusion of battery-operated appliances and appliances used in areas open to the public (Clause 1);
d) addition of requirement for appliances incorporating means for ionizing air (32.101);
e) conciliation of the text of IEC 60335-2-99 with other standards under IEC/TC61/MT32.
This Part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments unless that edition precludes it; in that case, the latest edition that does not preclude it is used. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.