IEC 61543:2022 provides specific emission and immunity requirements, tests and performance criteria for residual current-operated protective devices (RCDs), for household and similar use, for rated voltages not exceeding 440 V.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1995, Amendment 1:2004 and Amendment 2:2005. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant changes with respect to the previous edition:
- some editorial modifications were introduced to comply to the ISO/IEC Directives Part 2:2021, e.g. introduction of Clause 3 Terms and Definitions and renumbering of the whole document. In particular, the numbering of performance criteria has been changed (5.1.1, 5.1.2 become A, B, etc.);
- some technical improvements:
- Modification of scope and addition of Clause 6 and Clause 7 to enable the use of this document as a guideline for the preparation of EMC requirements and tests for other product standards under the scope of SC 23E;
- Requirements for voltage dips and interruptions added;
- Repetition rate for burst-test, defined at 5 kHz;
- Surge test: Specifying impulse voltage application point and adding of voltages 2 kV, 1 kV and 0,5 kV to test T 5b;
- Radiated radio-frequency electromagnetic field: Adding of frequency range 1,4 GHz to 6 GHz and specifying frequencies for the test at 1,25 I?n;
- Conducted, common mode disturbances in the frequency range 0 Hz to 150 kHz: Specifying frequencies for the test at 1,25 I?n;
- Electrostatic discharges: Change of performance criteria from 5.1.3 to B.