IEC 60384-14:2023 CMV
Fixed capacitors for use in electronic equipment - Part 14: Sectional specification - Fixed capacitors for electromagnetic interference suppression and connection to the supply mains
Sprache: EN - englisch
Seitenzahl: 274 VDE-Artnr.: 251523
IEC 60384-14:2023 CMV contains both the official standard and its commented version. The commented version provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between IEC 60384-14:2023 edition 5.0 and the previous IEC 60384-14:2013+AMD1:2016 CSV edition 4.1. Furthermore, comments from IEC TC 40 experts are provided to explain the reasons of the most relevant changes, or to clarify any part of the content.
IEC 60384-14:2023 applies to capacitors and resistor-capacitor combinations intended to be connected to AC mains or other supply with a nominal voltage not exceeding 1 000 V AC (RMS), and with a nominal frequency not exceeding 100 Hz. This document includes also additional specific conditions and requirements for the connection to DC supplies with a rated voltage not exceeding 1 500 V DC. The principal object of this part of IEC 60384 is to prescribe preferred ratings and characteristics and to select, from IEC 60384-1, the appropriate quality assessment procedures, tests and measuring methods and to give general performance requirements for this type of capacitor. Test severities and requirements prescribed in detail specifications referring to this sectional specification are of equal or higher performance level; lower performance levels are not permitted. This document also provides a schedule of safety tests to be used by national testing stations in countries where approval by such stations is required. The overvoltage categories in combination with the AC mains voltages for the capacitors classified in this document are to be taken from IEC 60664-1. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- in damp heat steady state test, all capacitor types are tested both with and without rated voltage; the number of test pieces has been increased;
- tangent of loss angle is added In Group 0 tests, in safety tests only;
- qualification approval based on safety and performance tests has been removed from the main text to a normative annex;
- the range of rated voltages is given instead of exact rated voltage values;
- normative annex for description of capacitor styles and of creepage/clearance distance measurement has been added;
- the importance of mechanical failures (cracks) in component encapsulation as a safety feature is highlighted in handling instructions and requirements after all relevant tests.