Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 5: Assemblies for power distribution in public networks
Sprache: EN-FR - zweisprachig englisch/französisch
Seitenzahl: 77 VDE-Artnr.: 251813
IEC 61439-5:2023 is available as IEC 61439-5:2023 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.IEC 61439-5:2023 defines the specific requirements for public electricity network distribution assemblies (PENDAs). PENDAs have the following criteria:
- used for the distribution of electrical energy in three phase systems for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V AC (see Figure 101 for a typical distribution network) and DC systems not exceeding 1 500 V DC;
- open type assemblies are not covered by this document;
- suitable for installation in places where only skilled persons have access for their use, however, outdoor types can be installed in situations that are accessible to ordinary persons
- intended for use in energy distribution in public power grids;
- indoor use: assemblies for installation inside of electric power substations;
- outdoor use: assemblies containing an enclosure suitable for open air installation.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2014. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) omission of the requirement to conduct mechanical tests at -25 °C when enclosures are made of a metallic material;
b) addition of assumed loading factors generation supplies and electric vehicle charging applications;
c) additional dielectric tests when a PENDA is used in a distribution substation with separate HV and LV earths;
d) further clarification of representative samples for design verification.